Wednesday, June 11, 2008

For Your Consideration...

Hello fellow monsters!

I am truly sorry to bother you today – and, honestly, I hesitated to even bring it up, for I am not one to complain too loudly or insistently – but I simply must object to the current situation vis-à-vis your Monster “plays”. I ruefully note that “Gremlins”, “Count Dracula” and my good friend, the “Abominable Snowman” a.k.a. “Yeti” have all entered your on-field lexicon. Even “Trogdor”, that vile man, er, dragon-man, er…just dragon…seems to hold a place closer to your heart.



Am I too kind-hearted? Does my fluffiness put me out of the running? (But then, you would have to explain Yeti, who, while not overly charming, is certainly fluffy) Is it my Japanese nature? (But surely I heard you yell "Godzilla" just the other day?) But perhaps I am just being too sensitive? Could it be that you simply have not heard of me? My name is Totoro and I am a spirit of the woods. There is a movie all bout me . I even have an asteroid named after me!
I sleep in an enchanted camphor tree by day. I can command the wind at will and those soft hooting sounds you sometimes hear at night? That’s me! Well, me and my friends. I have two little ones – Chu-Totoro and Chibi-Totoro – who help protect the woods with me. I miss Mei and Satsuki, two young Japanese girls who used to hang out with me, but they are too old for me now. Wait…that sounds really bad.



Well, perhaps I should wrap up. I would just like to put myself forward as a candidate for your next wonderful play. It would warm my furry, pointy ears to hear you yell out “Totoro!” in earnest on the field. Good luck on the fields and may the wind be with you!

Yours truly,

Totoro







(Also, the makkurokurosuke have a few choice words for you! Please think of them too.)

No comments: